- Lohman, D. F. (2005). The role of non-verbal ability tests in identifying academically
gifted students: An aptitude perspective Gifted Child Quarterly, 49, 111-138.
(Research Paper of the Year Award, and Paper of the Decade Award from the National
Association of Gifted Children)
- Lohman, D. F. (2006). Practical advice on using the Cognitive Abilities test as part of
a talent identification system.
- Lohman, D. F. & Renzulli, J. (2007). A simple procedure for combining ability test scores, achievement
test scores, and teacher ratings to identify academically talented children.
- Lohman, D. F., Gambrell, J., & Lakin, J. (2008). The commonality of extreme discrepancies in the ability profiles
of academically gifted students. Psychology Science Quarterly, 50, 269-282.
- Lohman, D. F., Korb, K., & Lakin, J. (2008). Identifying academically gifted English language learners using
nonverbal tests: A comparison of the Raven, NNAT, and CogAT. Gifted Child
Quarterly, 52, 275-296. (Research Paper of the Year Award from the National Association
of Gifted Children)
- Lohman, D. F., & Lakin, J. (2009). Consistencies in sex differences on the Cognitive Abilities Test
across countries (US and UK), grades (3 - 11), and cohorts (1984, 1992, and 2000.
British Journal of Educational Psychology, 389-407.